The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love. Galatians 5:6

Wednesday, April 24, 2024

Calling in Grateful

 


Yesterday it was a 'dry' throat and just feeling really tired.
Both these things I attributed to all the cleaning and prep work we've been doing leading up to last weekend. Plus a really packed schedule over Saturday and Sunday.
But between last night and this morning, I have to face it. I actually have a cold. Not terrible, but enough to make it wiser to stay home today drinking lots of tea.
Problem is, Wednesdays are my 'out to all the things' days.
Good thing for Zoom.
Gives a new meaning to 'calling in sick.'
I can do my meetings and stay home too.
More restful without the driving, and less germy for my friends.
Later I just might put on the fire and continue the online course on fundraising I've started. Gotta love it when the weather cooperates with your sick day. Might as well be warm and comfy.
Mostly, I'm feeling grateful that this is the first 'anything' I've had in months and months. And I've really, when I think about it, even in the viral realities the whole world experienced, I've not been sick of any consequence at all since November 2019. So that's a good gift, and one I appreciate all the more today when I feel a tad under the weather.
Cheers and good health to you all.

Like
Comment
Share

No comments: