The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love. Galatians 5:6

Wednesday, April 17, 2024

Picture Perfect

We get to counterbalance things a little bit today.

The past four days straight, with the exception of Sunday morning, have been full out focus on preparing the house for showing. It was leading up to yesterday when we had the Stager and the Photographer in to get all the pictures taken for the MLS posting tomorrow.

It's amazing how, after months of cleaning and clearing your house, there's still so many persnickety details to attend to. I told the lovely people who were in my house yesterday not to take it personally, but this was far worse than when I was a new bride and my mother in law was coming for a visit.

I laughed with Ken at the oddity that, not only are we just letting people down into the places of the house that normally you just want to close the door on, but we're letting them take pictures!

Don't worry. It's all clean and tidy and ready for what comes next. But still.

Today we can be at our desks again, resuming some semblance of a normal life. There's still the open houses this weekend to anticipate, but for today, the priority can be 'all the other things.'

I'm glad for this balancing day. Glad to have understanding folks who let me cancel/skip meetings today. At least until 7 p.m. when I will have a conversation with some folks who may want to visit Hot Springs next fall. But even that's by Zoom, and I can stay home.

Grateful for the rain too, actually, to help make it feel all hunkered down and cozy. Safe.

A settling psalm comes to mind this morning.
Psalm 73.

Asaph, a music director for God's people (hey Derek Goupil, like you are!), was disturbed for different, more existential reasons than a move. But his moment of re-balancing feels anchoring right now.

(Expanded thoughts in brackets.)

"Yet (in spite of 'all this') I am always with You;
You hold me (not me trying so hard to hang on, but You holding me) by my right hand.
You guide me with Your counsel (so not alone in this),
and afterward you will take me into glory (my ultimate home).
Whom have I in heaven but You? (I mean, really!)
And earth has nothing I desire besides You (truly),
My flesh and my heart may fail (because I'm human after all),
but God is the strength of my heart (again, not my strength but Yours),
and my portion (my inheritance, my security) forever."
Psalm 73:23-26

That's a picture I can hold on to.
Stay cozy today, friends.

No comments: