The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love. Galatians 5:6

Friday, April 19, 2024

Friday's Fabularity

 

Maybe making up words is a stress-coping strategy for me. But also, maybe I'm being silly just because we made it through this rather crazy week in relatively good spirits. (And mostly sane.)

It's a common stress point for anyone selling their house. You bust a gut getting it to show-worthy status. And then you have to live there as if you're in a home décor store's window display. I told Ken we're only allowed to make an hour's worth of mess. That's the notice we agreed to if anyone wants a private showing.

Had one already yesterday, within about an hour after the listing went live. An encouraging start. Who knows about today? And tomorrow and Sunday there's open houses in the afternoon.

And the thing is, even with all of this weirdness, I've woken up with good energy, totally looking forward to the day. Got me some happy work to do at my desk. And we'll continue with a few house touch ups we will keep doing along the way.

I'm even looking forward to Church Clean up Day at Highview Community Church tomorrow! Crazy, right? You know the event is a highlight when you've just spent the last three months cleaning your own house, and you're still looking forward to cleaning the Lord's. It's the people thing actually. Honestly, it's such a great day of community and love. (8:00 to 1:00 if you're interested.)

And then I get to preach on Sunday morning, wrapping up the last of the Dandelion Faith series. Glad for this opportunity to engage in some good conversations about spiritual formation. Tenacity, Rootedness and Wildly Prolific! Be a dandelion, people!

Here's a truth that's keeping me tethered right now.

Psalm 16:8-9
I keep my eyes always on the Lord.
With Him at my right hand, I will not be shaken.
Therefore, my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices;
my body will also rest secure.

Have a fabularious Friday everyone!

No comments: